· # The Nepali Congress has already lost its identity.
· # The party leaders have compromised on its ideology.
· # The party has no goals and has become radarless.
· # The party founded by B.P., Ganesh Man and Krishna Prasad has merely become a tail of the communist parties.
· # Power grab has become primary objective for the party leaders.
These are the allegations made by elderly Nepali Congress’ leaders who have virtually lost their identity and space in the party since the advent of the leaders like Amresh Kumar Singh and Krishna Prasad Sitaula.
At a program in Kathmandu, held Saturday May 19, 2012, speakers expressed fear that in the manner the party leaders are surrendering the party’s ideology to the Communists the party will soon be limited in the pages of history.
Awaiting its merger in NOIDA suburbs.
Former General Secretary of the party K.B. Gurung said, “We have no goals. There is no relevance of the party central committee. Decisions are made personally”.
Leader Govinda Raj Joshi was of the view that the party was quickly losing its ground mainly because power has become primary goal for the party top leaders.
“The party has become like the tail of the communist parties. They have begun dictating our policies. Nine months have already passed since central committee meeting have not been summoned”, said Joshi.
Former Central Committee member Binaya Dhoj Chand also expressed his dissatisfaction in the manner the party was moving forward.